Monday 31 December 2012

2012 what a year!!

2012 was life changing in so many ways. 

The biggest change for us was going from this (although sadly) in May

to this

29/12/12
from knockdown to rebuild in 4 months. 

We went to Fiji.  It could not have been a more perfect holiday.

Birthday breakie of vegemite toast!!
This little angel turned 1.  Not the best photo I have others on my computer which isn't plugged in!!


This big one started preschool in February and turned 3 in March

We very sadly said goodbye to this gorgeous girl in July. 


2012 will be remembered by us as "year of the house".  We spent our weekends choosing brick, paint, tile colours.  Not as easy or as fun as it sounds!!  We really spent 12 months focused solely on our house.  We did not do much other than focus on the house and I am glad we did.  In fact many years were spent focusing on the house.  It was a long drawn out process.

2013 will be different.  The house is done and complete.  It is so low maintenance we won't need to spend full weekends on it like the old place.  Which leaves us with whole weekends free.  We have resolved to do more fun stuff with the kids like trips to the zoo etc.  Made easier by the fact the are older and able to do much more.  We have also decided to do more of what we like.  For me that will be reading more and for the HOTH it will be starting work on his car thats been sitting in the shed for 3 and a half years!! 

I can't say I am hanging for 2012 to be over.  It has not been a bad year and so much changed for us that 2013 will be a continuation not a whole new start. 

So all thats left to say is HAPPY NEW YEAR and thank you to anyone who has read this blog, commented, chatted with me on twitter and facebook.  Your interactions mean a lot to me.  So bring on 2013!!

I was tagged by Jacana to list my 12 things in 2012 and now have to tag 12 people however most people have already done this.  Trust me to leave it to the last minute!!  If you have not yet reflected on 2012 do it!! 

Linking up for the last open slather with One Mother Hen.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like 2012 was a great year for you. Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses that 2013 is even better. Great recap of the year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The four month turnaround from knock down to house blew me away. Wishing you all the best for 2013 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you rebuilt a house in 4 months WHILE taking care of a one-year-old child and a three-year-old child? You put me to shame, girl! I can't wait to hear what 2013 brings! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also looking forward to 2013 - a fresh start in regards to life, more mentally for me though. I can't imagine how stressful the knock down and rebuild would have been, especially with wee ones. Here's to an easier 2013! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Years! It must feel like a massive weight off your shoulders to be settled in your house! I'm hoping to read more this year too. My Christmas present from last year is kind of sitting unused most of the time :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading whatever babbling has been written here!! Please feel free to leave a comment and I promise I do reply, usually by telepathy!!