Monday 17 December 2012

2 simple salads.

I loved One Mother Hen's easy looking Watermelon salad from last week so I have decided to share 2 of my favourite easy salad recipes.

First up Mango and Bacon Salad. This was made by a mum at my mums group who stole it off someone else!!  It is so yummy and easy.

1 bag baby spinach
1 mango
some bacon- for us I use 6 pieces of shortcut bacon
4-5 spring onions

Fry or bbq bacon- I like mine extra crispy!!  I divide the baby spinach onto separate plates, cut all the flesh off the mango (try and cut mango over the plates so the juice goes over the spinach like a dressing.  Cut up cooked bacon and spring onions and mix with the salad. 

This has not got a dressing as such just the juice of the mango but works really well with sweet chili sauce. 
See easy!!

Changs Noodle Salad

Ingredients:
  • ½ -1 Chinese Cabbage, or ¼ savoy cabbage (shredded finely)
  • 6 Green Onion (chopped 5mm length)
  • 100g Lightly roasted slivered Almonds or Pinenuts
  • 1 pkt Chang’s Fried Noodles 100g (Original or Onion Flavoured)
Dressing:
  • ¼ cup White Vinegar
  • 1/4 cup Castor Sugar
  • 1 tblsp Chang’s Soy Sauce
  • 2 tsp Chang’s sesame oil (Optional)
  • ½ cup Olive Oil
Method:
Mix all the ingredients of the Dressing in a bowl. Stir well until sugar is dissolved. Combine the Cabbage, chopped Green Onions and almonds in a salad bowl. Add dressing and mix well. Just before serving add the noodles and toss thoroughly.

You can buy the dressing premade which I now do as we eat this salad at least twice a week!!  Mine looks nothing like the picture as I am hopeless at shredding the cabbage!!  I also make this with baby spinach or the pre chopped bags of stir fry vegies if I can't get a small enough cabbage.  It is a good one to take as a "take a plate" as you can prepare all the salad ingredients and just add the dressing when you are about to serve it.


Linking up for some open slather with the fab One Mother Hen

14 comments:

  1. More great salads!!!
    I love summer salads :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I've always wondered how to make that noodle salad(besides buying it in the bag at woolies!)So cool, thanks, I am so making this.
    Oooh I like the mango salad too, mmmm, baaacon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The noodle one is so easy you will love it!! The mango one is delicious and bacon well nothing more needs to be said!!

      Delete
  3. the noodle salad is my fav!! and always a hit to take to bbq's!!
    clare @ cheekycharliandme.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the noodle salad too. I find the easiest way to shred the cabbage is to slice it, then put in a pile and chop wildly lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kight have to try hacking at it next time!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading whatever babbling has been written here!! Please feel free to leave a comment and I promise I do reply, usually by telepathy!!