Thursday 31 October 2013

Totally Thankful Thursday- Walt

First picnic in the park for Speedy who was 10 days old.

Walt caught a lift in Speedy's pram!!

Walt and Rara enjoying the picnic
We had the pleasure of having Walt come to our house a few weeks ago.  He turned up when Speedy was 4 days old and we had him for a few weeks then sent him on his way (thanks Australia post for the lengthy trip to his next destination.)

He had a great time with us (so much so he laughed his head off again) and I will give a full run down when I get the photos off the ipad!!

I am so thankful for this opportunity.  We all enjoyed taking Walt places and showing him the sights.  The kids were a little sad when it was time to bundle him up and send him on his way.  After he left we thought of so many more things he could have done with us.  Maybe he can travel again next year??!!  He might like a trip to Fiji??!!

I am also thankful for blogging which has led me to find so many great, inspirational people who have shown nothing but kindness and encouragement.  People who have the ability to make me smile and laugh are very important in my life both in the real world and connected by the world wide web.

Linking up for Totally Thursday with Jacana who had the great idea of sending Walt around the countryside and A Parenting Life for Thankful Thursday where Rhianna is the new host.


12 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to send Walt of adventuring. Our preschool has something similar where a toy Spot dog gets to go home with the kids for a few days and they write a little story about the fun they had with Spot. Well rather the parents do!

    Thanks so much for being my first ever linker for #thankfulthursday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Walt had some fun with your family !!
    Have the best Thursday !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear and see more about WALT's adventure with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see what Walt has been up to. Glad he turned up at his next destination eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely idea, Walt must have some stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see Walt spending time with your lovely family!! And I am also thankful for bloggers who seem to make me laugh and learn so much every day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully said, I want Walt to come to work with me for a week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is certainly getting around and he seems to know when something exciting is going on...weddings, new babies, parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on Speedy's arrival... why do I get the feeling that's a whole other story? Nice going, Walt :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ann, awesome you add Walt for a time, I can see the softer side of Walt with your absolutely gorgeous 10 day old speedy xx. Even more awesome is having met and got to know you through blogging. Nothing would make me more happy is meeting your wonderful family IRL one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for having Walt. Seems he arrives at homes when there is an event happening. He seems to keep losing his head!!! Must be an age thing. Looks like he made a new furry friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing these random posts about Walt just popping up occasionally. Walt is having quite an adventure

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading whatever babbling has been written here!! Please feel free to leave a comment and I promise I do reply, usually by telepathy!!