Monday 22 October 2012

Tuna cakes or another mashed potato recipe!!

500 grams chat potatoes
185g can of tuna, drained
2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed and drained, roughly chopped.  (I cannot stand capers so I never add them)
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (or box breadcrumbs)
1 egg
salt and pepper
plain flour for dusting
2 extra eggs, lightly beaten

Boil and roughly mash potatoes
Place the potatoes, tuna, capers, parsley, 1'2 cup breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
Shape mixture into patties.  Whatever size you like!!
Dust with flour, dip in egg and crumb
shallow fry 2-3 mins each side
enjoy

I have no idea where I found this recipe, it has been in my book for ages!!  It has a mustard dipping sauce which is
1 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard combined in a bowl!!
Also I do not eat fish so I leave some separate and use some corn and spring onions in mine!!  We also have popped these on the bbq and I have oven baked them with fairly good results.  Its another one of those whack anything in type of recipes!!

I have added these on to my meal plan for the week which is not organised!! 

Also elf on a shelf  arrived all the way from the North Pole and is safely stashed away until I can open it without little eyes everywhere!!

Linking up with
Photobucket
Have a great week!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds fantastic. But I think I could consume vast amounts of the dipping sauce on its own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sauce is divine!! Totally good for just about anything!!

      Delete
  2. I do like tuna - just wish the rest of the family did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! They sound delicious. Thanks, giving these a try for sure, and the dipping sauce sounds good too! Gonna have fun experimenting with this recipe :) Thanks for linking it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading whatever babbling has been written here!! Please feel free to leave a comment and I promise I do reply, usually by telepathy!!