Tuesday 18 March 2014

Subitizing

Photo: Please share with your grammatically challenged friends.




Just yesterday kindy kid asked me when I would be starting big school.  Turns out I probably do need to go back asap as I just used my lunch time to understand what subitizing is.  FFS

Until 10am this morning I had never even heard of subitizing and now it has consumed me!!

Now I understand the concept I am off to subrtize the number of bottles of wine in the cupboard.  Looks like Kindergarten is going to be a lot harder than I thought!!




Linking up this lame excuse of a blog post wth Essentially Jess for #ibot!!



8 comments:

  1. well I just had to google subitizing too. That's in the too hard basket for now. Maybe another day....and by the way, I do go to big school and still didn't know! -Aroha (for #teamIBOT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been so long since I went to school my mind sometimes goes blank. Thank heavens for Google lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha.........we practice subitising in my classroom everyday as we walk out the door to morning tea and lunch - using flash cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My love of crosswords means I knew this one. Often pops up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The amount of times I see bad grammar in blogs is re-dick-you-liss
    But as a sub-editor, it sticks out like **** balls
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get told that I need to go back to Kindergarten all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate grammar and have a constant fear of my blog being judged by those who know!
    Grammar is my brick wall/barrier. Rae xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that even a word? lol never heard it before in my life!
    Which by the way means it doesn't exist and I will probably never hear it again! I am all good with the first picture, which means I should be all good on the blog. I take the motto, 'It's my blog and I'll grammer how I want to" or cry if that be the case. I am so not looking forward to homework, so much has changed especially maths!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading whatever babbling has been written here!! Please feel free to leave a comment and I promise I do reply, usually by telepathy!!