Monday 17 March 2014

Autumn.




I love this time of year, love it.
The days are still warm but the nights are cooling down.  I love nothing more than flannelette as clothing and bedding!!

We had a very mild summer here, nowhere near the temperatures of the year before.  I don't think we even had a catastrophic bushfire warning like last year.  I think we had more hot days in spring than summer.

Last winter was a fairly mild one.  I think there was only 2 or 3 days where I had the heater on all day.

I am looking forward to cooking some yummy hot winter comfort food,  I have a few tried and tested winter wonders like cheesy chicken rice casserole and this year I am going to make more of an effort to document  more of the ones I cook.  Not only for my benefit but I know how awesome it is to discover something new to try and hopefully I can inspire others too!!

Linking up this little post with One Mother Hen for Open Slather.


5 comments:

  1. I have mixed feelings about this time of year. Personally, I like it, but it's also the time of year when the kids start to get sick. Last weekend, MissyMoo3's asthma flared up for the first time since last spring, so it is signalling the start of the winter lurgies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 30C here right now, we've had such hot weather the past few days it's bizarre! Can't complain though, but I do enjoy cooler weather as more enjoyable being outside! Hubby won't let me have flannelette sheets, wish they made half and half! Now there's a business idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i think i had the heater on once last winter. i love the cold so its gotta be pretty darn cold for me to cave in. :) the humidity is what is killing me this summer but i whinge from anywhere over 23 degrees. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has cooled down heaps here this week, we have low 20s and rain for the rest of this week. I'm not ready yet, I'd love some nice sunny days! I'm all for comfort food though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was convinced last week that Autumn was finally here only to have temperatures back up in the 30's again this week. Summer is finding it hard to let go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading whatever babbling has been written here!! Please feel free to leave a comment and I promise I do reply, usually by telepathy!!