Tuesday 25 March 2014

Its my birthday and I will whinge if I want to.

Photo: Nikki Wild-Archer heres my no make up selfie! Brooke Barclay Anita Pender Rachael Johnstone double dare you to do a no make up selfie too!    Rhys Barclay's photo.

Dear Fun Police

Get over yourselves regarding the no make up selfies.  Is raising awareness not acceptable anymore.  Maybe the people complaining didn't get tagged and are jealous?  For the record I don't normally join in these things however my lovely friend tagged me and as she has had a rough time lately I decided to cheer her up and post my selfie.  Yes I did it in black and white (apparently these were problems as people were using filters etc and they were not "natural"pictures) as it was 11pm and I could not be arsed getting up and finding decent lighting.  I also did not donate money, oooh shock horror.  I did just recently buy a pink ribbon mop and we donated to the cancer council last month, is that ok??

Also it was a campaign to raise money for breast cancer research in England that went global.  Maybe you whingers could start one here instead of complaining about it, just a thought.

Saturday ended up being a hilarious day on facebook seeing more and more people join in turning facebook into something good for a change.  The lovely lady on the right is one of my very good friends, isn't she beautiful!!

Sincerely

Ann

Dear Mother Nature

No more rain at school drop off and pick up please.  Pretty please with a soggy (after yesterdays mega down pour) cherry on top.  Seriously I don't care if it rains all day just back off when we have to leave the house!!

Thank you kindly

Ann


Dear Awesome Blog Readers

It is my birthday today.  I am older than yesterday!!  It is also Elton John, Aretha Franklin and Sarah Jessica Parker's birthday too.  I will be spending the day doing exactly what I normally do on a Tuesday.  Not that I am complaining as in a few very short weeks I will be kicking back in Fiji.  Life is good, or will be as soon as I hit the swim up bar!!

Thank you for all the comments and support you all continue to show me.  Have a drink for me later!!

Cheers

Ann





Linking up with Essentially Jess for #ibot.




13 comments:

  1. Thankyou for that awesomeness today. Lovely to see your no makeup face. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Ann. I will eat a piece of birthday cake in your honour later today.

    And as for no-makeup selfies - they're the only kind I ever do. I was trendy before my time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ann!! Personally I loved the no make up selfies thing. Raising money is great, but just having everyone get real was pretty awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Ann. I missed writing about my birthday but it was uneventful anyways lol. Hope you have an awesome day and keep taking selfies anyway you want for what ever reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Ann. I missed writing about my birthday but it was uneventful anyways lol. Hope you have an awesome day and keep taking selfies anyway you want for what ever reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very Happy Birthday to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww happy birthday lovely - I hope it was reasonably stress free with little mess or fights! And yes, would everyone stop bagging out the no make up selfie. Shit everyone has to complain about something these days right?! Mmmm bar in Fiji, jelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. and all my friends are coming over to play and they'll all sing happy birthday .... bloody hell now i have justine stuck in my head.
    have a great non bday bday. hope hubby remembered (mine usually doesnt)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday gorgeous! That was obviously why I ate the huge piece of chocolate cake today, knew there was a good reason, thanks for that Ann :)
    I missed the whole selfie furore, I'm so slack!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lord I don't think I'm grown up enough for zombie faces that convincing. And YES WHAT IS IT with rain for 15 minutes at school pick up? Gah. #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday for yesterday! Hope it was fabulous. xx
    I forgot to post a selfie but I was tagged. I do hate how upset people get over these things. People are trying to help, let's just be happy that they do that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday again! Did you know all the most awesome people are born in March ;) True Fact.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading whatever babbling has been written here!! Please feel free to leave a comment and I promise I do reply, usually by telepathy!!