Monday, 14 December 2015

Some of our Christmas Traditions

Ernie copied himself using our printer!!  Full credit to our preschool for the idea!!

Turns out Elves on the shelves poo red and green m&ms!!  Declared "funniest thing ever",!!  In 14 days our elf has not moved 3 times (luckily we had storms and he was unable to safely fly!!).  

Santa photo day at the Queen Victoria Building.  Forth year in a row for us!!  It is a definite must for us although nest year I will go back to going in November!!  Never again ever will I go in December!!  So busy but totally worth it!!  Luckily Ernie left all three boys new clothes to wear as it turns out not one of them had anything decent to wear out of the house!!  

Stunning tree.


I am in awe of the tree once again, however I couldn't help but observe the new dangly fishing rod type decorations look like a cats ultimate toy!!


This is one of my fave Christmas songs.  Back in the days before the www I used to hang out to hear this song on the radio, now thanks to the tube and more recently spotify I can hear it whenever I want!!

Linking up a few of my families Christmas traditions with AliciaKirsty and Trish.




16 comments:

  1. Our Christmas traditions have changed dramatically since moving to Perth, especially now our three girls are older. They now refuse to do the annual Santa photo. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were in Sydney?? The toilet is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The the toilet and Bruce is one of favourite singers of all time. I didn't know he did a Christmas song. Have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha made a mistake. Meant to say the toilet is great....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The QV Building Christmas tree is so lovely :) on the other hand I find Elves on the Shelves creepy, although I say that this year and next year I'm doing it too lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have no family traditions for Christmas, unless you call deciding the last minute to do nothing but exactly the same as last year a tradition! If so then we have it down-pat!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every year since kids were born we get a pic with Santa. 16pictures and still going strong

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wrote a post about his, wondering what MY Christmas traditions are, as opposed to those of my parents. One of them is to drive around the neighbourhood checking out all the Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't do elf on the shelf but you've got some awesome idea there Ann! We visited the QVB tree last year in the lead up to Xmas and it's simply stunning. I can only imagine the wait to see Santa, but glad to hear it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That elf and the photocopier is hilarious. cheeky elf.
    Amazing Christmas tree, so beautiful. Imagine what an amazing job that would be decorate that tree! I cannot help myself but sing when I hear Christmas carols.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As kids we did the Santa photo ... I think my last was when I was in my late teens as my younger brother didn't like Santa and wouldn't do a photo without me. I love listening/ watching Christmas carols. We haven't really made any traditions. Maybe the Christmas markets and I would like to turn looking for lights into one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to take the girls in to the city next year at Christmastime. We had been planning to go this year but time just got away from us, and with finishing tafe I just didn't have the brain power or will to battle the crowds, but definitely next year (once Zee is behaved enough to start taking out of the house again, that kid embodies the Terrible Twos!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the QVB tree - I see it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's lucky that they don't encourage cats in the QV building. Although I'm thinking that it'd be a lot of fun to set a dozen of them loose around the tree and video it. That'd have to go viral surely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've not been into the QVB this year for the Christmas tree! Looks great and your kids look like they had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading whatever babbling has been written here!! Please feel free to leave a comment and I promise I do reply, usually by telepathy!!