Wednesday, 30 September 2015

Wordless Wednesday- Mother Nature's work

Rainbow
Double rainbow
Moon rising out of the ocean
Such a stunning sight.  This picture was taken roughly 5 minutes after the first one, it happens so quickly.  I wish I had a camera to take a better picture of it.  Thanks to daylight savings I can't see us seeing this again until April as it will happen way too late!!

Love this idea!!
Flowering Cacti



We spent a lovely morning at the Wollongong Botanical Gardens yesterday. They run a fantastic program in the school holidays. We explored the gardens looking for the flags to tick off in the passports, the big boys made some awesome craft (seed pod boats, paper explorers and terrariums), we learnt some interesting facts and we saw some absolutely stunning flower and plants.  Fact of the day for me was there are caffeine addicted goats in Ethiopia!!

That was our first time doing the school holiday program and we will definitely do it again, maybe next time I will be able to take some pictures instead of chasing the runaway 2 year old!!

Thanks for the photo opportunities this week Mother Nature, it almost makes up for the crummy weather we had last week!!

Linking up for the first time in ages with My Little Drummer Boys for Wordless Wednesday.


13 comments:

  1. There is something about a moonrise isn't there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Mother nature really is gorgeous. So special to witness and even better to photograph! Nice snaps x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother Nature takes my breath away. She provides the most fabulous photography subjects! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rainbows. They make me feel happy like they're a good omen or something. Also they indicate rain which is always lovely up here in the dry tropics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's nice just to see the photos representing what you've seen lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love it all especially the double rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible photography. My fav is the one of the plants in all those colorful containers and tires!:) Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great program for the kids. I love the photos. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to be able to see the rainbows post that awful weather Ann! Hope you are enjoying the school holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mother nature is glam, most of the time. I don't fancy that spiky bush at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post just sounds like me a few weeks ago at Kings Park running after my kids and hardly taking any photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We use to live in Wollongong, many years ago now. Such a gorgeous spot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading whatever babbling has been written here!! Please feel free to leave a comment and I promise I do reply, usually by telepathy!!